In 1857 the U S Capitol building was America's largest church. A couple congregations shared the building for worship services. Thomas Jefferson ordered the Marine Corps Band to serve the worship service music on Sundays.
In 1782 the U S Congress printed a Bible that was then used for public schools. This 8 minute tour with David Barton of the U S Capitol will inform and inspire you. In 1830 the U S Congress commissioned the creation of 4 major paintings that depict the Christian influence in the Founders of America. Prayer Meetings, a Bible Study and a Baptism are depicted in these amazing works of art that can stll be seen at the Capitol today.
Mon Sept 13, 2010
Subject: Christians in American History – Video Clips Below
David Barton Tour of the United States Capitol
- You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
- What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
- The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
- When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation.
- You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.